Blogroll

Thursday 18 April 2013

How To Be Amazing - Songs Edition


Even though I am not from the south and I am not a redneck by any definition of the word I have a love for country music. I am a southern California girl at heart and have been here for most of my life. But for those prime impressionable years I grew up in Payson, Arizona. There isn't much to brag about when it comes to Payson, Arizona. It is a small retirement community in the mountains and is exactly 2 hours away from every big city and form of entertainment.
Despite the drawbacks growing up in Payson it was actually pretty great. You can read about it in my post Ooooooo Play Somethin' Country. Payson's big claim to fame is that it is home to the World's Longest, Continuous Rodeo. Apparently another town gets upset with our title because the rodeo had been there longer. Payson boasts that they kept the rodeo alive during WWII thus the continuous part. We rock. My little bit of roots in this country town have given me a love of country music that I am not going to give up.
One of the artists that I really like right now is Kip Moore. He only has one album out right now called Up All Night and if you like country you should have heard his songs "Somethin' 'Bout A Truck" and "Beer Money" and maybe "Hey Pretty Girl."
One of the things I love most about Kip is that he is not a superstar, yet. I can say that I got to love his music when he was starting out before most others will. As a result going to a concert is a treat and not too expensive.
My friend and I saw Kip when we went to the Eric Church concert in November. Kip was great and totally entertaining. Justina and I saw that he had a show in April at the El Rey Theater in LA and bought tickets right away.
A note about the El Rey. It is one of the coolest places I have been to for a concert. If you get there early you will have an excellent view. That is because it is first come first serve standing room only. We got there two hours early and were so close it was amazing. That said my legs HURT by the end of the night. I also was shoved many times by stupid, drunk boys who were hitting on me, pouring their beer on me, and trying to get closer to the stage. Be prepared to throw a few elbows and not take any crap off of anyone!
I totally recommend you find an artist that is just about to get big, learn their album and find a show. The tickets were only $30, we were only 50 feet away from the stage, and there is an authenticity with a new artist that sometimes gets lost with big artists.
My favorite part of the show was when he sang "Hey Pretty Girl." The song is beautiful and I want someone to love me and sing it to me. I am convinced that Kip looked at me while he was singing the song, I mean I was right in his line of sight, in a beautiful dress, and looking good. Overall it was a great, memorable night.
If you are not into country at all I would recommend you give it a try, it is really a great time for country music right now. For any genre of music finding a newer artist and going to shows before they hit it big is also a great idea. Venues like the El Rey are entertaining and fun. When the artist hits it big and everyone and their mother likes them you will have the inner pride of knowing you actually were a fan before it was cool
If you are not into country at all I would recommend you give it a try, it is really a great time for country music right now. For any genre of music finding a newer artist and going to shows before they hit it big is also a great idea. Venues like the El Rey are entertaining and fun. When the artist hits it big and everyone and their mother likes them you will have the inner pride of knowing you actually were a fan before it was cool


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7639817

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More